I live in Florida. Tampa, to be more specific. We pretty much have two seasons… when the gulf is warm, and when the gulf is cold. That’s about all that changes. Since I grew up with season changes, it feels a little weird to think about Thanksgiving, then Christmas being upon us… while I’m in cut off shorts and flip-flops, and planning to have dinner by the pool tonight because it’s so warm. I realize some of you up north probably hate me a little right now for saying that…😉
Sure, I miss the snow flurries, and that first fluffy snow fall that covers everything in that pure white powder… but then I remember driving on snowy, slick roads… and scraping ice off my car windows, and ugh, that moment when you take off your boots and put your warm, sock covered foot down in a freezing cold pile of wet snow that fell off your boot when you weren’t looking… *shiver* and I realize that I should probably just stay here.
I’m off to visit family in WV this week for Thanksgiving. And I’m very excited to see everyone, and enjoy some chilly days… but I’ll be happy to come home to the beach when it’s all over. While I’m there, I’ll eat lots of my mom’s yummy cooking, snuggle up with my Mr. in our warm wooly socks, take our jeep out to the woods and get it nice and dirty… and go shopping!
Here are some recipes I’ve been saving throughout the season, maybe they’ll give you some Thanksgiving dinner inspiration.
2. Pumpkin Turkey Chili – Sounds interesting to me.
3. Pumpkin Breakfast Cakes – Can’t wait to try these with my morning coffee.
4. Pumpkin Cream-Cheese Muffins – I wonder if they’re as good as starbucks?
5. Pumpkin Whoopie Pies – Knowing that these exist makes me very happy.
6. Maple Bacon Cupcakes – I know it’s not all that… ‘Thanksgiving’ but… bacon and cupcakes.
9. Pumpkin Fudge – C’mon.
10. Pumpkin Pull-Apart Bread – I’m so trying this!
(If you don’t already know… once the links take you to Pinterest, just click on the picture, or the link above the pictures to go to the actual recipe.)
What are you making for Thanksgiving dinner this year?